When it comes to a move, you usually go against the clock. The time to do it in a few days is adjusted and mistakes are made that are detrimental to the health and to the integrity of the belongings. Therefore, it is convenient to plan and perform it in a staggered manner to avoid accidents. Below, we point out a series of tips to prevent of those unpleasant unforeseen events.
Tips for a good move
1. Beware of your back: without a doubt, the most common reason for accidents. You should not carry more weight than you should, it is better to make two trips. And, above all, for any lump, bend your knees and climb. Your back will appreciate it.
2. When stacking boxes, the heaviest ones with the best base must be placed below. Later, they will go in ascending order according to the degree of fragility of the belongings.
3. Label the contents of each box. When it is time to put everything back on its new destination, this will ensure that everything is found quickly. It is also convenient to store by categories or rooms.
4. Pack the most fragile objects well. Bubble paper is the one that is most used for its ability to absorb shocks. Quilting the base of the box with newspaper forming balls is also very practical. For extra fragile objects, a blanket wrapping them ensures adequate transport.
5. Distribute the goods for the transfer in order of departure. When storing them, they will fit better in transport. And they will avoid more trips.
6. Plan the move. It may seem simple, but knowing the order in which the goods are transported will save time and money.
In spite of everything, a move is always expensive, so it is best to hire the services of a professional company like us. At Lidon Removal and Storage we have several years of experience and a great team of professionals.