When we rent or buy a storage room, we usually think we can store all kinds of objects inside. However, each company has a series of security rules that prohibit us from storing certain things and these are usually different in each one of them. In this post we will discuss this topic with the aim of informing you about some of these things.
What are the objects that we can not store in our store?
- Food: Perishable products must be clearly differentiated from canned foods. We can turn our storage room into a pantry storing cans and preserves. However, there is another class of food that needs refrigeration and in case of not having it, its decomposition results in odors.
- Animals: We all know that a storage room is not a home for a pet, as these need different conditions to live. In addition to safety issues, as they could cause damage, there are those of sanity, because in doing their needs could lead to different bacteria and bad odors.
- Plants or crops: Like animals, plants need different conditions such as the existence of light and water, which, for safety reasons, are not normally found in a store.
- High value items: It is advisable to keep jewels or other items of economic and sentimental value in safer places, since we are not talking about a safe. However, in the event that it has to be done, insurance should be extended to protect those valuables.
- Dangerous products: For obvious safety reasons, it is strictly forbidden to store dangerous products inside a storeroom, such as gases, liquids, inflammable products or weapons.
Now that you know the objects you can not keep in a storage room, do not hesitate to contact Lidón removal and Storage if you are looking for an professional services.