Just thinking about the word “move” makes us feel an enormous burden both mentally and physically. And although it may not seem true, we are more complicated by small removals than by a complete one. This is because in almost all cases of this type, what we really move is only the most valuable items, be they financial or sentimental. This is when we ask ourselves: How can we carry out small removals without making things worse? The answer is simply to have a good organizational plan and have a good removal company to assist us from the beginning.
Tips for successful small moves
1. Do a thorough cleaning before packing, so you know what items are worth taking with you. This is a good time to throw away unnecessary things, plus you can save yourself some space in the truck, and therefore money.
2. Organize the boxes, pack the things by category, and by fragility, this will help you know how the boxes should be placed during the transfer. It is easier to have 5 boxes that say cookbooks, than not knowing in which box in the kitchen the books are.
3. Don’t forget the labels, once you have organized and packed all your things, put labels on them, both of their category and to which room they go and if they are fragile or not, this will make it easier for you to locate the boxes once you are in the new house.
4. Make an inventory list of the boxes, in a note I already know from paper or in your cell phone, write down how many boxes are per category, this will help you count how many packages you have, also you will avoid saying the annoying and famous phrase “A box was lost during the move”.
5. Dismantle your furniture, if you have furniture that can be dismantled, do so to avoid it suffering any damage and make it easier to move. If you cannot do this yourself, there are companies such as Lidon Removals and Storage that can help you dismantle your furniture.
6. Organize your documents, keep all your important papers in a folder, from bank documents to your professional or domestic certificates, these should always be with you and not with the rest of the move.
7. Choose a good time for your move, this is essential so that you can avoid traffic jams and the anxious wait for your things to arrive home. It is best not to carry out your move between 8 and 10 in the morning or after 17:30 to 19:30 in the evening.
8. Hire the best experts in small removals in Madrid, they know how to move all the boxes and furniture without damaging them, as they have the necessary equipment to do so, and this will help you avoid both back pain and having a scare.
At Mudanzas Y Guardamuebles Lidon we make sure that your move in Mallorca, as well as nationally and internationally, arrives safely at your new home.
We help you with the packing, dismantling and assembly of all your furniture and fittings. Our team of professionals at Lidon will help you with everything.
And if you prefer to do the packing yourself, we will provide you with all the material you need for your move, and we will deliver it to your home the same day you order it, and without any transportation costs.
Regardless of whether you are moving your refrigerator, washing machine or even a grand piano, we have a wide range of vehicles available to adapt to the needs of your move.